Are you frustrated by the pimples on your face? Well, we have some good news. This article will show you the different home remedies to get rid of pimples fast.
Additionally, we will show you the causes, and also symptoms of pimples in order to know how to prevent them
Pimples are inflammations that occur on the skin when the oil glands or sebaceous glands of your skin are infected with bacteria and they swell.
They are also known as papules, zits and also spots.
The human skin has the sebaceous glands except in our soles and palms. These sebaceous glands secrete an oily substance that is known as sebum.
This sebum is responsible for maintaining the oil balance of your skin and it also allows the skin to look healthy.
Pimples normally develop whenever there is an abnormality in our sebaceous glands (1).
What are The Causes of Pimples?
Pimples occur when your pores become blocked with dead skin and sebum.
This is what leads to inflammation and infection sometimes.
Pimples can also be hereditary. For those that have genetic issues, it is very likely that the pimples will reappear throughout their lifetime.
This is because the body’s hyperactive sebaceous glands produce lots of sebum. This will lead to pimples formation.
The pimples also generally occur during puberty. The human body undergoes major hormonal changes during the teenage years.
It is at this stage that the body prepares itself for reproduction and our sebaceous glands are overactive.
As the sebum accumulates, it blocks your skin pores, thereby causing pimples (2).
However, it is still unknown why some people are more affected by pimples than others.
Now that we understand how pimples are formed.
It is also important we know the symptoms before proceeding to the remedies to get rid of pimples.
If you want to avoid pimple, then you should know the symptoms.
Acne and pimples can also be used interchangeably.
This is why the symptoms overlap into one another. The symptoms of acne (pimples) are;
- Recurrent, persistent red spots and swelling on the skin. This swelling can become inflamed and also filled with pus. These kinds always appear on your chest, neck, face, shoulders and also the upper part of the back.
- You can also experience dark spots that have open pores at their center. These are known as blackheads.
- Tiny white bumps that appear just under your skin but have no visible openings. These are known as whiteheads.
- Lumps or red swellings that are filled up with pus and also visible. They are known as papules.
- Lumps or nodules under your skin that becomes inflamed, filled with fluid, and also tender. They can become very large as one inch across.
11 Effective Home Remedies To Get Rid of Pimples Overnight
The time you’ve been waiting for is here. We present to you 11 home remedies to get rid of pimples overnight.
These remedies will also help to get rid of cystic acne, blind pimples, underground pimples, and also blackheads. It’s time to get rid of acne scars.
1. Garlic Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples
Garlic is an incredible ingredient that has a lot of uses.
It is loaded with antibacterial properties which help it to fight off acne and pimples (3).
Garlic can also be used on the scalp by applying garlic paste.
The interesting thing about this solution is that it serves as remedies for pimples for oily skin and all other types of skin.
- About 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- Mashup your cloves of garlic.
- Thereafter, add in some water to allow it form a coarse paste.
- Then apply the paste on the pimple or acne.
- Allow it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off thereafter.
- Garlic can also be used to prevent a breakout of pimples. All you need do is to include it in your dish.
- Make sure you dilute the garlic juice with water first before applying it.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for Pimples
Here is another ingredient with amazing benefits.
The apple cider vinegar is loaded with mild acids that serve as a control to the production of oil of the skin.
It also acts as an astringent.
Apple cider vinegar is also packed with antimicrobial properties that help to fight off bacteria from your skin.
It can also be used on any type of skin.
- A part of apple cider vinegar
- A part water
- Cotton ball
- Begin by thoroughly mixing the water and apple cider vinegar.
- Make sure you mix the water and vinegar in the ratio 3:1 (water to vinegar)
- Use your cotton ball to apply the acv on the area.
- Allow it on for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Rinse off thereafter.
3. Toothpaste Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples
Toothpaste is another great solution to help get rid of cystic pimples overnight.
It dries your pimples and also lowers the time rate at which they heal.
It is also packed with antibacterial properties that help to combat the bacteria responsible for pimples.
You can use toothpaste remedies to get rid of pimples on your arms, face and also the legs.
It can be used on a normal, oily, and also a combination of skin.
- Cotton swab
- White toothpaste
- Take the cotton swab and use it to apply the white toothpaste on the affected area before you go to bed.
- Allow the toothpaste on overnight.
- Make sure you use only white toothpaste, not the gel-based toothpaste.
4. Cinnamon and Honey
The honey and cinnamon mixture is arguably the fastest and easiest remedies to get rid of pimples overnight.
This blackhead removal not only eliminates the bacteria responsible, but it also nourishes your skin.
It also has incredible wound-healing properties that help your body to heal rapidly from the pimples (4). This remedy can be used on any type of skin.
However, ensure you do not have an allergy to cinnamon before applying.
- A teaspoon of honey
- A teaspoon of the cinnamon powder
- Begin by making a paste as you mix both ingredients together.
- Clean your face and thereafter, apply this paste on your pimples before going to bed.
- Allow it on overnight.
- You should definitely notice a difference after you wash your face the following morning.
5. Benzoyl Peroxide to Get Rid of Pimples
Simply put, benzoyl peroxide is one effective antimicrobial. It helps to fight off the bacteria that are responsible for pimples and acne.
Additionally, the chemical also ensures that your pores are clear.
If you are looking for over-the-counter remedies to get rid of pimples overnight, then this is your answer.
Many creams, lotions, and gels are made with benzoyl peroxide.
It is definitely the best cream for pimples and acne. You can always make your choice from Amazon
6. Frankincense Essential Oil
This is the first essential oil on our list of remedies to get rid of pimples overnight.
The frankincense oil helps kill the bacteria that are responsible for pimples and acne.
They also help to reduce inflammation on the skin.
Additionally, they are known to promote new and healthy cells. It is suitable for any type of skin.
- Cotton bud
- About 1 to 2 drops of the Frankincense oil
- Dip that cotton bud into your essential oil and apply over the affected area before going to bed.
- Allow it on till the next morning.
7. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is known to have incredible antifungal and also antibacterial properties.
It is also loaded with antioxidants which allow it to accelerate the process of healing.
You can use this for all skin types.
- Apply a few drops of the Lavender essential oil on your acne or pimple and allow it to air-dry.
- Make sure you reapply after some hours.
8. Tea Tree Essential Oil for Pimples
This is arguably the most used essential oil to help get rid of pimples.
It has an incredible level of antioxidants and is also a very effective antimicrobial agent.
You can also use it to get rid of cystic pimples overnight. It is suitable for any type of skin.
- A teaspoon of jojoba oil or olive oil
- About 1 to 2 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Begin by mixing the tea tree oil in your carrier oil (jojoba or olive oil).
- Apply about 2 drops of the mixture on the pimples or acne and let it dry.
- Continue applying the mixture in few hours until the acne or pimples clears.
9. Epsom Salt Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples
Epsom salt is excellent at cleansing your skin. It does this by eliminating the bacteria and also exfoliating those skin cells that are dead.
Epsom salt is also known to help balance your skin’s pH level.
This remedy is suitable for oily skin, normal skin, and also combination skin.
You should always remember to use a light moisturizer after using Epsom salt. This is because it can dehydrate the skin.
- A ½ cup of water
- Cotton ball
- A teaspoon of Epsom salt
- Combine your Epsom salt with the ½ cup of water and thoroughly mix them.
- Take the cotton ball and dip it in your saltwater.
- Dab the cotton ball on your acne and pimples.
- Allow the water on your skin for a few minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse off using warm water, then also cool water.
- Do not forget to use a moisturizer after rinsing.
- Repeat this process about 1-2 times every day.
10. Baking Soda
This is one ingredient that dries out your pimple and also optimizes your skin’s pH level.
Additionally, baking soda has the ability to reduce inflammation and also soothe your skin.
Luckily, it can be used on any type of skin.
However, you must ensure you use a moisturizer after applying baking soda to prevent skin dryness.
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- Add the baking soda powder to enough water to allow it to make one smooth paste.
- Use your fingers to apply it on your pimples.
- Allow it on the skin for just about 5 minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse off with warm water.
- Do not forget to use a moisturizer after rinsing.
11. Green Tea
This ranks up there as one of the best home remedies to get rid of pimples and acne.
This is especially true for that acne caused by hormonal imbalances.
Green tea has antioxidants that help to cleanse our body of toxins and free radicals.
It is also known to help regulate the h0rm0nes in our body. It can be used by any skin type.
- One cup of water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of green tea leaves
- One teaspoon of honey
- Allow your water to boil and add it into a cup.
- Next, you add in your green tea leaves and let it steep for some minutes.
- Thereafter, strain and also add in a teaspoon of the honey. Make sure you mix it well.
- Take the tea while it is still warm.
- You can take about 2-3 cups of this green tea daily.
- How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne: 11 Powerful Tea Tree Oil Recipes
- How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast; 9 Best Home Remedies
- 5 Best DIY Face Mask for Acne, Scars, Anti-Aging, Glowing Skin, and Soft Skin
Pimples on the face and other parts of the body can be a sore sight.
We have outlined how you can fight off pimples with these home remedies to get rid of pimples overnight.
Remember to abstain from any remedy you might be allergic to.
The post 11 Effective Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples Overnight appeared first on Remediesnews.