Aloe Vera is becoming very popular in cosmetics for getting perfect skin. Most of us use it as a natural moisturizer, face mask, toner and in other hair and skin care products. Aloe Vera gel has many benefits which make skin and hair healthy. It is also great for hairs as it conditions hairs, prevent hair loss and dandruff. Always try to use organic aloe vera gel or made at home because it does not contain any harmful chemicals. Here is some Aloe Vera face mask which will enhance your glowing and beautiful skin.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera Face Mask
Aloe Vera contains 75 potentially active constituents including vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, salicylic acids, amino acids etc.
- It contains vitamins A, C, and E, which are antioxidants. It also contains vitamin B12. Antioxidants protect the skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells. It can do a lot for the health and appearance of your skin, including reducing the signs of aging. (Source)
- Aloe vera has the property which can effectively lighten dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, and other skin blemishes. (Source)
- Alkaline phosphatase etc in aloe vera helps to reduce excessive inflammation when applied to the skin topically. Auxins and gibberellins of aloe vera help in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory action. It also contains salicylic acid that possesses anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and kills the acne-causing bacteria. (Source)
- Aloe vera helps in moisturizing your skin, keeps the skin hydrated, rejuvenated and glowing. (Source)
How To Extract Aloe Vera Gel From Aloe Leaf
- Cut off some leaves from the aloe vera plant. Then put the leaves in an upright position for a few minutes to let the darker resin (the sticky thin transparent running gel) drain out.
- After the resin has drained, then wash the leaves and start peeling off the thick skin with a knife, leaving you with the transparent gel or you can scoop the gel from leaves with a spoon.
- Then place the gel in a blender and also add a few drops of vitamin E oil or some essential oil to boost the power of aloe vera gel. Essential oils like lavender essential oil, or tea tree oil or geranium or neem/mint essential oil are good for the skin. You can keep the gel for a longer period if stored in the refrigerator.
Aloe Vera Face Mask For Bright And Beautiful Skin
1. Aloe Vera Face Mask And Scrub For Glowing Skin
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel (buy from here – US | India)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (buy from here – US | India)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey (buy from here – US | India)
Mix all ingredients and make a spreadable scrub. Apply this on your face, and gently massage it in circular motions for 3 minutes. After that let the pack stay for 20 minutes. Wipe it off using a clean damp cloth to get rid of those harmful dead cells from your face. Repeat 1-2 times a week.