Since it’s autumn in where I live, I’ve decided to make a tassel blanket that will keep me warm and cosy. It’s such an easy tutorial and you can use this as a blanket or a tassel scarf (see the insp images). Just make sure to choose the right size of the fabric for the right purpose. I’d say scarf need to be more rectangular shape and square shape for blanket purposes.
What you will need:
1. 1~2m Wool Fabric
2. Sewing machine (you can sew by hand)
1. Cut the fabric into the right size (preferbably cut it slightly bigger as the knotting the fringe will make the blanket smaller) Make sure to check which direction the fabric frays before cutting.
2. Start fraying the fabric until it reaches the desirable length. I’d say it needs to be at least 5cm so it allows you to tie knots.
3. If your fabric is too stiff to fray, use something sharp to pull out each threads.
4. Start knotting the fringe and leave some length at the end of the fabric. In this case I grabbed 10 pieces of thread.
5. Tidy the tassels by cutting out the ends evenly.
6. Fold the end length into the fabric and hem the edges.
Here’s the finished image of the tassel blanket!
Hope you enjoyed this DIY tutorial
The post DIY tassel blanket appeared first on DIY Magazine.